Wok&Go are committed to protecting your privacy.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to make you aware of how and why we will collect and use your personal information. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
The Company is committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
You can visit the website without disclosing any personally identifiable information about yourself.
Please note that some Wok&Go stores are franchises that are owned and operated by third parties, called franchisees. Each franchise is an independent business and is responsible for the operation of its own store and responsible for ensuring its own compliance with data protection and other laws. This notice does not apply to franchisees of Wok&Go, or to websites, social media, Wi-Fi, loyalty cards, mobile apps or recruitment operated by franchisees. Please refer to the privacy notices of such franchisees for information on how they collect, store, use and share personal information.
Cookies are text files place on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use on the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org. or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the “Act”), the Data Controller of our Services for both UK and Irish customers is Pheby Food Concepts Group Ltd Data Controller is just a legal term that means we have responsibilities in respect of your personal information under the Act. Our registered company number is 08357502.
We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number: ZA430519).
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Act. If you want to read more about the Act, you can do so here: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
The Information Wok&Go May Collect About You
When you visit our Service (in a restaurant, tablet, on a mobile device, or desktop) or download and use our App, you may provide us with information personal to you including for example your name, your address, your postcode, your email address, your mobile phone number and your date of birth, whether you are a student, and the other information outlined below (your “personal information”). You may provide additional personal information if you wish.
Candidate data you provide online or in person via application or interview will be collected for the purposes of:
- considering you for suitable employment vacancies within Wok&Go
- communicating with you at various stages of the recruitment and selection process
- onboarding successful applicants including verifying your right to work
- contacting present and/or previous employer or work experience provider for a reference
- retaining the applications of unsuccessful applications. We will process the following personal information
- measures and review processes to improve our recruitment process
- resolve grievances and complaints involving you
- monitor equality and diversity
- comply with the law
We will process the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your occupation
- Communications between you and us about this website or job application
- Information regarding your “right to work” in the UK
- Criminal convictions where necessary
- Information you submit as part of any job application, including CV
- Information you may voluntarily submit for equal opportunities
- We envisage that we will hold information about unspent criminal convictions, only if it is appropriate given the nature of the role and where we are legally able to do so. We will use information about criminal convictions and offences in order to determine suitability for a role and to carry out our obligations to other employees and the general public.
- We do not envisage that any employment decisions will be taken about you based solely on automated decision making, including profiling. However, we will notify you in writing if this position changes
The legal basis for collecting and processing your information is the pursuit of both legitimate interests for Wok&Go including maintaining a database of speculative or unsuccessful candidates as a talent pool, as well as your legitimate interests as a job seeker. We will not process your information you provided for any other purposes incompatible with those referred to in this policy.
Your information may be shared with recruitment agencies if you have applied via a recruitment agency, government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies where we are obliged to by law and our group companies.
Ways In Which You May Provide Information To Us:
- by signing up for competitions or promotions
- by registering for a Wok&Go Loyalty Card (instore, online or via an app) or by subscribing to receive email, SMS or Push communications from us. To become a registered Wok&Go Loyalty Card holder you must provide us with your name, address, postcode, email address and date of birth, but you may provide us with additional information if you choose to do so
- by ordering a takeaway using our online ordering service or by using our App. When you place a takeaway order online we may collect information such as what items you’ve browsed, your favourite orders, if you’ve applied any dietary filters and if you have selected one of our restaurants as a favourite
- by inputting your payment details – but only in order to complete a transaction
- by registering to use our Delivery or in-restaurant Wi-Fi services
- by allowing us to collect your physical geolocation through our App (if you have enabled Location Services and agreed to allow Wok&Go to send you Push messages)
- by corresponding with our Customer Service team by email, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may hold the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses
We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, how you use our Service, and the date and length of your visit. This information is collected automatically. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our Service.
How Wok&Go Will Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes of:
- allowing you to register your Wok&Go Loyalty Card with us and to respond to any correspondence
- contacting you with information about Wok&Go products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us
- making sure you get the best experience from our Service – depending on what computer or device that you’re using
- notifying you about changes or updates to any of our Services
- carrying out market research and product development
- meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
- investigating any complaints
- investigating any safety, health & safety, incidents, accidents or security incidents or breaches
- if you’re using one of our Apps (and you have given us permission to do so by enabling this on your device), sending you ‘Push’ notifications containing information about our products and services and to provide you with information in the App
Personal Information We May Share With Others
We never sell or give your personal information away to anybody.
We may be required to share your information with third parties when investigating any safety, health & safety, incidents, accidents or security incidents or breaches.
We engage third party payment processors to process the payment of your online order. These third-party processors may store your payment card details, if you want them to, to speed up your transaction time. If you do not want to take advantage of this, please do not select this function.
We may also share personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising and strategic development purposes to help us understand customer trends and patterns and to make sure that Wok&Go is talking to you about the most relevant things. However, we will only send marketing to you where you have previously explicitly consented to receiving marketing materials from us (for example, when you enter a competition we’ll ask for your consent). If you don’t give your consent, it won’t prejudice your chances in any competitions.
Pheby Food Concepts Group Ltd.
We’ll share your “personal information” with people or departments within Wok&Go but only if they have a need to access it.
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
You should be aware that if we’re requested by the police, a regulatory or government authority in the investigation of suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, then we are entitled do so.
What Security Measures We Have In Place To Protect Your “Personal Information”
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
We believe to have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. We’ll continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How and Where Wok&Go Store Your Personal Information
Where you’ve chosen a password, which allows you to access certain parts of our Service, you’re responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you don’t share your password with anyone else. We recommend that your password is unique to your Wok&Go account. We will not be liable for any unauthorised access or communications entered into using your name and password where it has been shared with your consent or if you haven’t taken adequate steps to prevent it on either a desktop computer or another device. If you access our Service using a public computer, we advise you not to store your password and to log out of any parts of our Service. If you’re using a mobile phone or tablet to use our Service, we advise that you have an suitable passcode.
Transferring personal information outside the European Economic Area
The Company will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers
How Can I Find Out What Personal Information Wok&Go Holds About Me Or Update My Details?
The Act gives you the right to access your personal information that we hold. To protect your privacy and security, we’ll take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we carry out your request. We will not ordinarily charge a fee for access to your personal information but we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for providing a copy of your personal information to you if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 working days. It may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to ask us to update or amend any information that is wrong, ask us to stop sending you marketing information or even to ask us to delete any account you have set up and the associated personal information.
If you have any questions about what we do with your personal information, ask us to make any changes to your account or to make a complaint please write to us at Pheby Food Concepts Group Ltd, 66 – 68 Northgate St, Chester, CH1 2HT.
We hope we can answer any questions or resolve any problems but if you are still unhappy then you can contact the:
Information Commissioner’s Office via their webservice www.ico.org.uk
How Long Wok&Go Will Keep Your Information For?
We won’t keep your personal information for longer than required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
The Use Of Our Service By Under 16s
Our Services are not proposed for children and are therefore only to be used by anyone aged 14 or over and those under the age of 16 should have their parents or guardians’ consent. We encourage the supervision of children’s online activities. For example, parental control tools which are available online to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission. Your child’s privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. Users of our Service may participate in many activities without providing any personal information. However, if you’d like to participate in certain interactive features on our Service, we’ll ask you to provide us with certain information, such as your email address and age. We will not send any marketing communications to anyone who has disclosed that they are aged under 16.
Any changes to this policy will be posted on her so that you are always informed of the latest version. You should check this policy on occasion to ensure you are content with any changes.
How To Get In Touch With Us